The Bay County Misdemeanor Diversion Program offers first-time offenders an alternative to prosecution. If an offender is eligible to participate in the program, he/she will have 90 days to:
- Complete and submit a Diversion Program Contract.
- Once you have submitted a Diversion Program Contract, an acceptance letter will be emailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.
- The link for the contract can be found below under the “Diversion Forms” section
- Complete and Pass the Online Test
- Pass the test with a 70% or better score(test is open book with PDF documents attached to each section).
- The link for the test can be found below under the “Links” section
- Pay the Diversion Program Fees using one of the following three options:
- Pay $280.00 – Online or with Money Order/Cashier’s Check OR
- Pay $200.00 and perform 8 hours of Community Service at a non-profit organization OR
- Perform 28 hours of Community Service at a non-profit organization.
The link “Pay Fees Online” can be found below under the “Links” section
The link for the Community Service form can be found below under “Diversion Forms”
Upon successful completion of the program, the criminal charge will be dismissed.
For eligibility requirements and more information about the Misdemeanor Diversion Program contact:
Misdemeanor Diversion Program
PO BOX 1040
Panama City, FL 32402-1040